Pop –
Rock –
Indie –
Alternative –
R&B –
Rap –
Soul –
How often do you attend music festivals or concerts?
0-1 times a year -
1-2 times a year -
3-4 times a year –
5+ -
How much would you spend on a music magazine?
£1-2 –
£2-3 –
£3-4 –
£5+ -
What attracts you to a music magazine?
Pictures on the cover –
The interviews –
The latest gossip –
Free giveaways –
How do you get your music?
Itunes –
Illegal downloads –
CD’s or albums –
Other source –
How much do you spend on music a month?
£0-5 per month -
£5-10 per month -
£10-20 per month -
£20+ per month -
With Answers
What Genre of Music is your favourite?
Pop – ***
Rock – **
Indie –
Alternative –
R&B – *****
Rap – *
Soul – **
How often do you attend music festivals or concerts?
0-1 times a year - ******
1-2 times a year - ****
3-4 times a year – **
5+ - *
How much would you spend on a music magazine?
£1-2 – ****
£2-3 – *******
£3-4 – **
£5+ -
What attracts you to a music magazine?
Pictures on the cover – *****
The interviews – ****
The latest gossip – ***
Free giveaways – *
How do you get your music?
Itunes – ***
Illegal downloads – ******
CD’s or albums – ***
Other source – *
How much do you spend on music a month?
£0-5 per month - *******
£5-10 per month - ****
£10-20 per month - **
£20+ per month -
Analysis of Results
I asked people in my class to answer some questions because they are the age of my target audience so I would get a good idea of the type of music and things they like. My first question clearly shows that the majority of people that I asked preferred R&B to any other genre that I listed which gives me an idea of what to use as my genre for the magazine. I asked my second question about how often the reader attends music concerts or festivals because it would give me a idea of how much detail and information I need to put in about concerts and festivals coming up this year. I then asked how much they would be willing to pay for a music magazine that would tell me how much I should price mine at. If I over charged then people would not buy it but the price they chose was the one I was expecting most people to answer with. My results showed that I should price it between £2-3. For my content I asked what attracts readers to a magazine and the results show that the picture on the cover is favourite closely followed by interviews. This is because it would grab their attention and then make them want to read it because of the interviews. I asked how the readers get their music because if they purchase it on Itunes they would be interested to see the UKTop40 chart to see if their purchase made a difference to the chart. My results showed that most people get their music from illegal downloads however. For all the other people who didn’t say they used illegal downloads I asked them how much they spend on music a month and it shows that most people spend £0-5 on music per month which shows either more people are getting it from illegal websites or they don’t like recent chart music.
No comments:
Post a Comment